SpringDale is helping members of the community apply for the State Government’s $250 Power Saving Bonus, a one-off payment to help Victorians experiencing energy bill stress.
Below are some frequently asked questions. If you or someone you know meets the eligibility requirements, get in contact with us and we can help you access this important bonus.
What is the $250 Power Saving Bonus?
The $250 Power Saving Bonus is a one-off $250 payment which provides direct support to Victorian households experiencing power bill stress during these difficult times. It is available to all Victorian households.
Who is eligible for the Power Saving Bonus?
To be eligible, you must
* Be a Victorian residential energy consumer (i.e. have a residential electricity account)
* You must be the account holder
* Only one payment is available to each household.
How do I apply?
Applications are made online. If you do not have access to, or are uncomfortable using technology, get in contact with SpringDale Neigbourhood Centre and we will help you every step of the way:
Phone number: 52531960
Address: 17 – 21 high Street, Drysdale
What do I need for the application process?
When you come to us to submit your application, there are a few things you need to bring with you:
• a copy of a recent electricity bill
• your ‘NMI’ number (this is located on your bill and is typically a 10 or 11 digit number)
• Banking details such as BSB and account number for direct credit to your account for the payment. If you prefer you can request a cheque, but it takes longer to arrive.
Be sure to keep a copy of your NMI and your application reference number as you may need this information for further communications about your application.
How long does it take to receive the Power Saving Bonus?
You should receive your $250 payment via Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) within two to three weeks of submission. If you request payment via cheque, this should be received within four weeks.