Below are some suggestions to make the night before and the actual day of child care easier and less stress for you and your child.
The Night Before
All the good things so your child wakes up ready for a fun day at SpringDale child care
- Try to ensure your child eats a healthy dinner the night before.
- Get your child into bed early to ensures a good night’s sleep. If your child does not sleep well, inform the staff so they know.
- Organise most of the items the night before so there is no last minute rush when you are about to leave in the morning.
- Leave enough time in the morning to prepare a healthy lunch / snack for your child.
Pack All the Items
It is a good idea to pack these items the night before
- A Bag
- A Hat
- A Coat
- Change of Clothes
- Water Bottle
- Any medical alerts (allergies) and Medical records, if necessary
- Pack a special comfort item like a toy, book or blanket
- Include a healthy lunch and / or snack for the child
Make sure all items that your child is taking to SpringDale child care are labelled with your child’s name
On child care days the following will make the day more enjoyable for you and your child
- Be organised so that you are not rushing around
- Pack all the required items the night before, leaving the lunch / snack items to be made in the morning
- Arrive early so you have time to settle your child in
- Help your child find an activity they really like and join in for a few minutes
- When it’s time to go, give your child a confident goodbye and let your child know you will be back later in the day to collect them
If your departure did not go well, resist the temptation to go back and check on your child. A better solution would be to ring the staff at SpringDale child care on 0401 129 140 to check on your child.